- Philosophy of FDLA Journal
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and NSUWorks
Philosophy of FDLA Journal
For more information, please see FDLA Journal Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in FDLA Journal provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to FDLA Journal, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at FDLA Journal. If you have concerns about the submission terms for FDLA Journal, please contact the editors.
First page (** centered 1" below top of page **):
- TITLE (ALL CAPS)
- ** 1 blank line **
- Author name
- Author affiliation
- Author mailing address
- Author email address
- ** 2 blank lines **
- ** BODY OF PAPER **
Layout and Length:
- Margins: 1.25" left, 1.25" right, 1" top, 1.25" bottom; text block measures 6 inches wide by 8 3/4 inches high.
- International authors: Please leave ample margins, especially at the bottom, so that we can transfer onto U.S.-dimensioned paper without reduction.
- Do not number pages
- Page limit: 10 pages
- 12 point font (Times Roman if available)
- Left AND right justify text.
- Single space.
- Separate paragraphs by one line, do not indent.
- Cut and paste in camera-ready art, centered in paragraph.
- Use figure numbers and give each figure a title.
- Be sure figures fit within margins listed above.
It is understood that the current state of technology of Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) is such that there are no, and can be no, guarantees that documents in PDF will work perfectly with all possible hardware and software configurations that readers may have.
Rights for Authors and NSUWorks
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to NSUWorks all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal--use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of NSUWorks, requires credit to NSUWorks as copyright holder (e.g., NSUWorks © 2022).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from NSUWorks provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the NSUWorks website and/or software agree not to misuse the NSUWorks service or software in any way.
The failure of NSUWorks to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between NSUWorks and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.