Volume 6, Issue 1 (2020) Winter 2020
From the President's Desk
Hui Fang Huang "Angie" Su, FAMTE President and Editor of Transformations
Dear Mathematics Educators:
I am excited that the Winter issue of the Transformations Journal is ready for your use.: This journal is made available online through NSUWorks. I encourage you to submit your research articles so that we can share with the mathematics educators around the country. I also invite you to nominate a colleague or self nominate to serve on our Board so that we can help make a difference in the K-22 mathematics education community in the state of Florida and throughout the country.
As an affiliate of the Florida Council of Teachers of Mathematics (FCTM), I am looking forward to achieve the following goals over the next two years:
- Annual FAMTE Conference to promote the improvement of Florida’s mathematics instructional programs and to promote cooperation and communication among the teachers of mathematics and mathematics teacher educators in Florida.
- FAMTE Board Represented by at least one K-12 Mathematics Teacher educators
- Promote scholarly publications
Working closely with the Florida Counsil of Teachers of Mathematics (FCTM) Editors of the Dimensions' Journal, we will be reprinting many of the articles previously published by Dimensions.
Transformative Learning: An Approach to Understand Participatory Action Research
Roshani Rajbanshi and Bal Chandra Luitel
Using GeoGebra, Photography, and Vocabulary to Teach Mathematics while Aiding our ESOL Populations
Joseph M. Furner and Noorchaya Yahya
Strategy to Estimate Size
Hui Fang Huang Su, Dylan Mandolini, Bhagi Phuel, Shawlyn Fleming, and Chloe Johnson
- Hui Fang Huang "Angie" Su, Nova Southeastern University
- Joseph Furner, Florida Atlantic University
- Victoria Brown, Florida Atlantic University
- Santanu De, Nova Southeastern University
- Thomas Varghese, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology