Transformations is published by the Florida Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (FAMTE) twice yearly. Subscribers have permission to reproduce any classroom activities published in Transformations.
Transformations is devoted to the improvement of mathematics education at all instructional levels. Articles which appear in Transformations present a variety of viewpoints which, unless otherwise noted, should not be interpreted as official positions of the Florida Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators.
Current Issue: Volume 9, Issue 1 (2023) Winter 2023
Hui Fang Huang "Angie" Su, FAMTE President and Editor of Transformations
Dear Mathematics Educators:
I am excited that the Winter issue of the Transformations Journal is ready for your use.: This journal is made available online through NSUWorks. I encourage you to submit your research articles so that we can share with the mathematics educators around the country. I also invite you to nominate a colleague or self nominate to serve on our Board so that we can help make a difference in the K-22 mathematics education community in the state of Florida and throughout the country.
As an affiliate of the Florida Council of Teachers of Mathematics (FCTM), I am looking forward to achieve the following goals over the next two years:
- Annual FAMTE Conference to promote the improvement of Florida’s mathematics instructional programs and to promote cooperation and communication among the teachers of mathematics and mathematics teacher educators in Florida.
- FAMTE Board Represented by at least one K-12 Mathematics Teacher educators
- Promote scholarly publications
Working closely with the Florida Counsil of Teachers of Mathematics (FCTM) Editors of the Dimensions' Journal, we will be reprinting many of the articles previously published by Dimensions.
Identity Transformation through Transformative Learning: Nepali Mathematics Educators' Perspectives
Tara Paudel, Bal Chandra Luitel, and Niroj Dahal
Which Modality Best Promotes Student Achievement in College Algebra
Stephen W. Selby and Jim Swick
- Hui Fang Huang "Angie" Su, Nova Southeastern University
- Joseph Furner, Florida Atlantic University
- Victoria Brown, Florida Atlantic University
- Santanu De, Nova Southeastern University
- Thomas Varghese, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology