Policies for Shutter Shark 2014
- The Nova Southeastern University Shutter Shark underwater photography contest is open to all students registered between January 1, 2013 and March 3, 2014.
- All photographs should have a marine science related composition. Photographs submitted to the macro and wide angle categories must be taken underwater. Photographs submitted to black and white, and the conservation categories may be taken either underwater or above water. Submissions for topside must be taken above water.
- Photos will not be accepted in which animals, plants or objects have been staged. No pool or aquarium shots will be accepted.
- By submitting your photos, you are stating that no species were harassed or harmed nor were ecosystems disturbed or damaged in the process of obtaining your photo. Violators of this rule will not be allowed in this or future contests.
- There is no limitation on the date the photo was taken however photos that have won previous contests are not eligible.
- Images may be optimized (i.e. adjusted while maintaining the integrity of the image), but not altered such that an image does not reflect the actual subject matter.
- This is an amateur contest (defined as photographers who earn less than 20% of their income from their photography).
- Photos will be judged anonymously by marine scientists and local underwater photographers. All decisions will be final.
- Ownership and copyrights of all submitted photos remain with the photographer. However, NSU reserves the right to publish the winning photos without compensation for educational and promotional purposes including, but not limited to, publication on the NSU website, in brochures or for future contest promotion. The winning photographs will also be printed as part of an exhibit within the NSU community.
- Proper credit will be given to all winners.