Equine-Assisted Family Therapy
The SAGE Encyclopedia of Marriage, Family, and Couples Counseling
Department of Family Therapy
Jon Carlson, Shannon B. Dermer
The SAGE Encyclopedia of Marriage, Family and Couples Counseling is a new, all-encompassing, landmark work for researchers seeking to broaden their knowledge of this vast and diffuse field.
Marriage and family counseling programs are established at institutions worldwide, yet there is no current work focused specifically on family therapy. While other works have discussed various methodologies, cases, niche aspects of the field and some broader views of counseling in general, this authoritative Encyclopedia provides readers with a fully comprehensive and accessible reference to aid in understanding the full scope and diversity of theories, approaches, and techniques and how they address various life events within the unique dynamics of families, couples, and related interpersonal relationships.
Key topics include:
- Interventions and Techniques
- Life Events/Transitions
- Work/Life Issues, and more
Key features include:
- More than 500 signed articles written by key figures in the field span four comprehensive volumes
- Front matter includes a Reader’s Guide that groups related entries thematically
- Back matter includes a history of the development of the field, a Resource Guide to key associations, websites, and journals, a selected Bibliography of classic publications, and a detailed Index
- All entries conclude with Further Readings and Cross References to related entries to aid the reader in their research journey
SAGE Publications, Inc.
Thousand Oaks, CA
counseling, equine-assisted family therapy, family therapy, horses, therapeutic interventions
Counseling | Social and Behavioral Sciences
Green, S. K. (2016). Equine-Assisted Family Therapy. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Marriage, Family, and Couples Counseling Retrieved from https://nsuworks.nova.edu/shss_facbooks/124