Chapter Title/Book Title
Weight and Appearance at Work: Legal Concerns Related to Race, Ethnicity, and Gender
Gender, Race, and Ethnicity in the Workplace: Emerging Issues and Enduring Challenges
Insights from professionals in the fields of organizational development and diversity provide practical tools to help employees and managers―regardless of race or gender―collaborate in reaching their workplace potential.
• Presents new research on the many forms of employment discrimination based on multiracial identity, appearance, and transgender status
• Includes contributions from professionals in the fields of social psychology, law, gender studies, and ethics, among others
• Reveals effective ways for promoting inclusion of women and people of color in today's global workforce
• Covers the workforce in the public sector, private sector, and military
• Considers the role of social media in helping break through workplace barriers
Mujtaba, Bahaudin G. and Cavico, Frank J., "Weight and Appearance at Work: Legal Concerns Related to Race, Ethnicity, and Gender" (2016). HCBE Faculty Books and Book Chapters. 71.